March is here. It’s a month full of basketball games, festivities, and of course, delicious food. Give your guests a slam dunk of delicious flavor with these three recipes featuring yours truly, Texas Pete.
Crunchy, spicy, and easy to share, this snack mix featuring nuts, pretzels, cereal, cheese crackers, and Texas Pete Dust Dry Seasoning is the ultimate couch snacking companion.
- 2 tbsp. Texas Pete® Dust Dry Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp. Butter, unsalted, melted
- 3⁄4 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 3⁄4 cup White Crispy Cereal
- 3⁄4 cup Rice Crispy Cereal
- 3⁄4 cup Wheat Crispy Cereal
- 3⁄4 cup Mixed Nuts
- 3⁄4 cup Pretzel Rounds
- 3⁄4 cup Cheese Crackers
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a small bowl, combine Texas Pete® Dust Dry Seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, butter and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add crispy cereals, mixed nuts, pretzel rounds and cheese crackers. Pour Texas Pete® butter sauce over mix.
- On a parchment paper® lined sheet tray, pour mix, spread evenly and bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10–15 minutes.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container. Serve and enjoy!
There ain’t nothing hush about these puppies. Packing cheese, bacon, and spicy flavor, everyone will be begging for seconds.
- 2 tbsp. Texas Pete ® Original Hot Sauce
- Peanut, grapeseed or canola oil for frying
- 1 1/4 cups white cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 cup Green Mountain Gringo® medium salsa, drained, pulsed in food processor
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, thick shred
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Kosher salt to taste
- Preheat fryer to 350° F or pour 4 inches of oil into a deep, heavy pot. Clip a candy thermometer on the side of the pot and bring to 350° F over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg, garlic, Texas Pete® Hot Sauce and Green Mountain Gringo® medium salsa. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Add cheese and bacon. Mix until just combined.
- Using 2 tablespoons or a #30 scoop, carefully drop balls of batter into fryer. Fry for about 4 minutes, turning halfway through, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer to paper towel lined sheet tray and sprinkle with kosher salt to taste. Serve immediately.
Need the perfect drink to wash down all that delicious food? This beer packs a refreshing kick everyone will be talking about.
- 2 – 3 Tbsp. ¡Sabor! by Texas Pete Mexican-Style Hot Sauce
- 3 – 4 Tbsp. Creole seasoning
- 2 Tbsp sea salt
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a tall glass or mug, mix the beer with tomato juice, 1 Tbsp. ¡Sabor! by Texas Pete® and the juice of ½ of a lime.
- Pour 2–3 Tbsp. ¡Sabor! on a small plate.
- Mix together Creole seasoning and sea salt in a bowl and pour evenly onto small plate.
- Gently roll glass in a circle to coat the top rim with ¡Sabor! then repeat in Creole mixture.
- Garnish with lime wedge and serve cold.