Servings: 8 | Prep
Time: 2 hours | Cook Time: 45 min
Put parchment paper on a baking sheet and spray with oil spray.
2 In a medium saucepan add water, butter, 1 Tbsp sugar, 1 tsp Texas Pete® Dust, salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and add flour to the saucepan. Stirring constantly for 5 minutes with a wooden spoon until mixture begins to come together, a few lumps are okay.
4. Remove from heat and transfer the dough to a mixing bowl. Let cool for 4 minutes.
5. Add eggs and vanilla to the mixing bowl and mix using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer until dough comes together.
6. The mixture will look like gluey mashed potatoes. Use your hands to press lumps together into a ball and transfer to a large piping bag fitted with a large star-shaped tip.
7. Pipe churros onto the greased baking sheet, into 3-inch lengths and cut end with scissors.
8. Leave churros out for 1 hour to cool to room temperature
9. Carefully transfer churros with a cookie spatula to the Air Fryer basket, leaving about 1/2-inch space between churros. Spray churros with oil spray. Depending on the size of your Air Fryer, fry them in batches.
10. Preheat air fryer to 350°F then fry churros for 12-14 minutes until golden brown.
11. In a shallow bowl combine remaining sugar, cinnamon and 1 tsp of Texas Pete® Dust.
12. Immediately transfer fried churros to the bowl with the sugar mixture and toss to coat. Working in batches.
13. Let cool for 5-7 minutes. Serve with a side of Nutella and enjoy!