Servings: 6 | Prep
Time: 2 hours | Cook Time: 45 min
1. In a large Dutch oven, add water and chicken. Bring to a boil and let chicken cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove chicken from the pot and shred using a fork. Discard leftover water.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and ½ tsp Texas Pete® Dust. Stir in the buttermilk and butter. Let stand for an hour at room temperature.
3. Line a large plate with parchment paper. Roll the dough into 1 tablespoon-sized balls and place them on the prepared plate. Cover the dumplings with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large Dutch oven set over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in the cumin, 1½ tsp Texas Pete® Dust and salt.
5. Stir in the chicken broth, red enchilada sauce, and Texas Pete® Buffalo Wing Sauce. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer. Add the corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, Texas Pete® Green Peppers, and chicken breast. Simmer the soup for 10 more minutes.
6. Add the dumplings to the soup and lower the heat to low. Cover and cook until the dumplings are tender, about 25 to 30 minutes. Keep the soup warm until ready to serve.