Servings: 6 | Prep
Time: 30 min | Cook Time: 1.5 hours
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, yellow onions, garlic cloves, carrots, Texas Pete® Honey Mustard, chili powder and dried thyme. Roast on parchment-lined sheet pan for 15 minutes until cauliflower has begun to brown. Remove from the oven.
3. While cauliflower mixture is cooking, in a large Dutch oven, cook bacon over high heat for 3 minutes.
4. Add Texas Pete® Dust and continue cooking until crispy. Approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Remove bacon from Dutch oven and set aside.
5. Add cauliflower mixture to the Dutch oven with the remaining bacon fat and add chicken stock and bay leaf. Let simmer for 30 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
6. Using a high-power blender or immersion blender, blend mixture until smooth (and return back to pot). Turn heat to low.
7. Add heavy cream, cheddar cheese and nutmeg and whisk until smooth.
8. Serve hot. Garnish with spicy bacon and sliced chives and enjoy!