Servings: 4 | Prep
Time: 25 min | Cook Time: 5 min
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Place bacon in a single file line on a parchment-lined sheet tray, sprinkle bacon evenly with 1½ Tbsp Texas Pete® Dust.
3. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, add 5 more minutes for crispier bacon. Remove bacon from oven and let cool.
4. In a medium sized bowl, crack eggs, add salt and ½ Tbsp of Texas Pete® Dust. Combine using a whisk.
5. In a non-stick pan, add 1 Tbsp of butter and turn heat to medium. Once butter has melted, add eggs and scramble, approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Remove eggs from pan and put pan back on heat.
6. Add an additional 1 Tbsp of butter to the pan and add onions. Cook until onions are translucent and set aside.
7. Take 1 flatbread, spread pesto on half. Then layer eggs, 2 slices of bacon, onions, ½ cup of mozzarella and 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese.
8. Fold flatbread in half and place on a panini press and cook for about 5 minutes, or until bread is toasted and cheese is melting. (Panini can also be cooked in a hot skillet while applying pressure to flatbread and flipping halfway through.)
9. While the panini is cooking, combine marinara sauce and 1 Tbsp Texas Pete® Dust into a small pot and heat until warm.
10. Cut panini in half, serve with a side spicy marinara and enjoy!