Servings: 4 | Prep
Time: 25 min | Cook Time: 5 min
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Place bacon in a single file line on a parchment-lined sheet tray, sprinkle bacon evenly with 1½ Tbsp Texas Pete® Dust.
3. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, add 5 more minutes for crispier bacon. Remove bacon from oven and let cool.
4. In a medium sized bowl, crack eggs, add salt and ½ Tbsp of Texas Pete® Dust. Combine using a whisk.
5. In a non-stick pan, add 1 Tbsp of butter and turn heat to medium. Once butter has melted, add eggs and scramble, approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Remove eggs from pan and put pan back on heat.
6. Add an additional 1 Tbsp of butter to the pan and add onions. Cook until onions are translucent and set aside.
7. Take 1 flatbread, spread pesto on half. Then layer eggs, 2 slices of bacon, onions, ½ cup of mozzarella and 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese.
8. Fold flatbread in half and place on a panini press and cook for about 5 minutes, or until bread is toasted and cheese is melting. (Panini can also be cooked in a hot skillet while applying pressure to flatbread and flipping halfway through.)
9. While the panini is cooking, combine marinara sauce and 1 Tbsp Texas Pete® Dust into a small pot and heat until warm.
10. Cut panini in half, serve with a side spicy marinara and enjoy!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
T.W. Garner Food Company Issues Voluntary Recall on Texas Pete® Buffalo Wing Sauce Due to Undeclared Soy
May 25, 2023, Winston-Salem, N.C. – T.W. Garner Food Company is voluntarily recalling 50,688 bottles of 12 oz. Texas Pete® Buffalo Wing Sauce with best used by 120623T 065239 UPC 0 75500 10011 6 because some of the bottles may contain Texas Pete® Extra Mild Wing Sauce which contains soy. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to soy run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reactions if they consume this product.
The product can be identified as a 12 oz. glass bottle with orange sauce, called Texas Pete® Buffalo Wing Sauce. The only product affected has best used by 120623T 065239 printed on the cap of the product.
No illnesses have been reported to date.
The recall was initiated after a report was received from a direct customer that a bottle labeled as Texas Pete® Buffalo Wing Sauce was located instead of Texas Pete® Extra Mild Wing Sauce. The bottle of Texas Pete® Buffalo Wing Sauce was missing the allergen declaration of soy. Investigation indicates the problem was caused by applying the wrong label during a portion of the production run.
Product was shipped to distribution centers and retail stores located in AL, CT, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, NY, PA, SC, TN, TX & VA. Consumers with a soy allergy or sensitivity who have purchased Texas Pete® Buffalo Wing Sauce with a best used by 120623T 065239 with a UPC 0 75500 10011 6 are urged not to consume the product and dispose of it or return it to their place of purchase for a full refund.
Consumers with questions may contact Mrs. Katerine Cardoso, Quality Assurance Manager at (336) 231-6417 Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm EST or email at ContactUs@garnerfoods.com.