Sweet Potatoes with “Torched” Texas Pete® Fiery Sweet Pecan Strewn Marshmallows
- 1/4 cup Fiery Sweet Wing Sauce (buy now)
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 12 unflavored gelatin sheets
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Confectioner’s sugar & cornstarch to "dust" marshmallows
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted & roughly chopped
SWEET POTATO Ingredients
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Salt & pepper
- Line a 9 x 9 baking pan with plastic wrap & lightly oil inside. Reserve. In the bowl of stand mixer, soak gelatin sheets with Texas Pete® Fiery Sweet Wing Sauce & 1/4 cup of water — 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, & 1/4 cup of water — bring to boil. Utilizing the whisk attachment, turn the stand mixer on low — for 1-2 minutes. Increase the mixer to high speed — start to pour the boiling syrup over the gelatin in a slow, steady stream.
- Add the salt — continue to mix for 12 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract — continue to mix for 3-5 minutes.
- Scrape marshmallow into reserved baking pan & spread evenly.
- Allow marshmallow to sit for 4-5 hours and/or overnight, until cooled & firmly set.
- In small bowl, combine equal parts of confectioner’s sugar & cornstarch.
- Remove marshmallow from pan & cut into equal pieces. Dredge each piece in confectioner’s sugar & cornstarch mixture.
- Garnish with pecans.
SWEET POTATO Preparation
- Boil or steam sweet potatoes until tender — 18-20 minutes.
- Drain, transfer to large mixing bowl & add butter, egg, brown sugar, spice, and a pinch of salt and pepper — using electric or stand mixer, beat until smooth.
- Transfer to a lightly oiled baking casserole dish.
- Scatter a handful or two of Texas Pete® Fiery Sweet Pecan Marshmallows atop & cook in oven at 325° F — 14-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven & “torch” (evenly brown) the marshmallows with a pastry torch.
- Alternatively — broil for 4-5 minutes to achieve similar results.